Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam




For my 2007 vacation to Las Vegas and Memphis.
If you are ever lucky enough to visit Las Vegas, you are a short trip away from the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam.
I managed to talk my mother into going on a Helecopter tour. She is 72 years old and needs to use a wheelchair to get around with my help. So I did not consider using the bus tours as this would have been unsuitable for her.
I looked at the various options and choose Maverick Helecopters for my own visit.
Maverick uses the state of the art ECO-STAR EC-130 Helecopters. One of the safest helecopters ever produced with excellent vision from each of the seven seats for the passengers.
The company offer a range of tours from actually landing in the Grand Canyon Valley to Sunset tours and Maverick Weddings also prove popular.
I choose the Silver Cloud Tour.
Described as being perfect for the time conscious traveller, this air only tour takes you through the Grand Canyon without the landing time.
Highlights start from leaving Las Vegas right down The Strip and over Fortification Hill which is an extinct volcano, over Lake Mead and The Hoover Dam before going on to the Grand Canyon.
On returning you fly over Downtown Las Vegas and the other side of the Las Vegas Strip.
My overall rating for this one is a 10
Well worth every penny.
The actuall flight time is approximately 45 minets
and the cost at the time ( September 2007 ) was $358 per person.

Maverick also offer complimentery round trip transportation from hotels within 5 miles of the Las Vegas Strip.